Wednesday 3 December 2014

DIY Needle Felting 2


Needle felting is a great & (what's even better?) easy way to express your creativity with crafts! As I had broken my needle last time (please refer to my previous posting on needle felting: http://natalieskirakira.blogspot.com/2014/11/diy-needle-felting.html?m=1), I made a visit to Michaels to buy a felting needle. The funny looking Mr. Broccoli is from Ikea by the way. I came up with the idea to make a mini broccoli from it - not that creative afteral I guess...tee hee!





I wanted to use two different green shades but did not have enough wool to make a face and stuff it up for the volume for the light green color. I ended up making the shape with white wool and just covered with one layer of light green - brilliant idea guided by my friend Sylvia! Then I made the little pea shapes for the hair of broccoli in slightly darker green. It might be more securely attached to the body if you leave a flap to attach. 


The above photo is me attaching the hair ball to the head/body using the flap. 



Being very small bodied, and I guess that is my excuse, I was not completely satisfied with its smiling lips. But - it is so easy to take the part off of body and fix it without leaving any mark!


Happy felting! Thanks for reading! :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment